A teacher, an educator and a leader with a widespread experience in the field of education. She believes in the strong words of Aristotle that, “Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.”
- Eileen Jethro has an MBA in Marketing, apart from Masters inEnglish Literature, B.Ed, (English & Geography) and a Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management. Her exposure to versatile educational disciplinesand experiences has highly equipped her in Strategic Planning, Editing, Curriculum Management, Training and Mentoring.
- She has a vast experience of serving as a Teacher, Head and subsequently as the Principal of various prestigious institutions for more than 20 years. During her association with each of these institutions she has left a legacy ofexponential growth, rejuvenation and optimal utilisation of available resources and has been instrumental in designing curriculum and various thematic English Grammar Textbooks for them.
- Jethro had been a part of the team of selective Principals with the then CBSE Chairman DrGanguly on how to improve the structure of education in schools.She has closely associated with Sahodayas in Idukki and Coimbatore and is a member of the Ex Committee of the Kovai Sahodaya.
- In the conception stages of Uttarakhand distance education,she assisted the Registrar (Uttaranchal Open University) in all administrative work including formation of the Study Centres, and related follow up activities. Additionally, she worked in close coordination with the Controller of Examinations (Uttaranchal Open University) in conducting the Eligibility Test held across the state of Uttarakhand.
- She has numerous educational initiatives to her credit, namelyidentifying the needs of the migrant Tibetans in her city, she initiated NIOS in her school which was an unknown concept back then. Ms. Jethro was the Founder and Chief Trainer in theChild empowerment programme ABHIVYAKTI, an initiative towards sensitising the children of tea plantation andfactory workers towards effective expression in English.
- Besides being an educator, she has keen interest in Theatre and Art.She has been a member of SPICMACAY and involved in the organising of various events in her city.Apart from that shehas a heart for animal welfare and has been closely associated with several organisations serving the cause.
- At present, being the Principal of Githanjali Public School since June 2015, she monitors every activity by immersing herself in all aspects of the school system. She is a visionary leader with efficacy-oriented communication skills,and strives to provide exceptional and state of art education to students beyond cultural and socio-economic differences.
- She advises schools on matters related to affiliation and upgradation, conduct of examinations, policy decisions, safe dispersal methods, record keeping etc and adheres to the belief that to get on in the world one should get up and look for the circumstances he or she desires and if one cannot find them, then it is time to get up and make the conducive circumstances.
“Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal. If you have a dream, don’t just sit there, gather courage to believe that you can succeed and leave no stone unturned to make it a reality.”